- 15 Sep 2014
- 08.30 - 10.00
- Austin Friars House, 2-6 Austin Friars EC2N 2HD
Click on the link to download the presentation -
Topic: Protect Your Assets – Equity Downside Hedging
Date: Tuesday 16th September, 8.30am – 10.00am
Do you know the implications of an extreme fall in equity markets on your portfolio? Is there an effective way to benefit from equity upside while reducing downside risks?
Equity risk is likely to be one of the major risks faced by institutional investors. With many equity markets at or close to all-time highs and with the prospect of tighter monetary policy at a time of rising geopolitical tensions, the continued rise of equity markets is never guaranteed. For investors seeking exposure to this asset class, it is important to consider the potential effects of a sudden fall in equity prices and also to be aware of options to mitigate this risk and any impact that may have on expected returns.
In this teach-in, Redington’s co-head of ALM & Investment Strategy, Dan Mikulskis, will cover:
- Defining extreme equity risk and why protecting against it matters in the context of a pension fund’s risk management process
- Building a framework to consider equity hedging strategies
- Strategies available to protect your portfolio from downside risk
- Advantages and disadvantages for each of these strategies
At the end of the teach-in, attendees will gain a better understanding of:
- The potential impact on their portfolio of a sharp fall in equity prices
- How to think about the objectives from an equity hedging strategy
- What potential equity tail risk hedging structures could look like
- Which of these strategies might be suitable to help them reach their objectives
If you experience any issues with registration, or would like more details about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .